Last Updated: February 5th, 2021
SLOAN, LLC (Hereafter “Sloan” or “We” or “Sloan App LLC”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Policy.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding information you submit to or share with Sloan and how we will treat it. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you; or that you may provide when you visit the Website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website or Mobile App is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website or Mobile App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or Mobile App or on or through any of its features; do not register on the Website or Mobile App, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or Mobile App or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete the information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at dev@SloanApp.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from or about users of our Website or Mobile App, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address, email, telephone number, and social security number (“Personal Information”);
- Information about you individually but does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details.
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, or other information if you sign up for an account on the Website or Mobile App;
- We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question;
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, and account number if you make a payment on the Website or Mobile App.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through the Website or Mobile App. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
“Non-personally identifiable information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, name, gender, or interests. Non-personally identifiable information may also mean aggregated, non-identifiable, or anonymized information. Non-personally identifiable information does not identify you personally. If you do provide us with non-personally identifiable information, we may use it for the purposes described in this statement, or any other legal purpose.
Here are some examples of ways through which we may collect and store your non-personally identifiable information through the Website, and how we use such information:
- Log Information: When you use the Website, Mobile App, or view content provided by SLOAN, we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This type of information includes details of how you use our service, IP address information described below, web pages which have been viewed by you, date and time, domain type, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware, settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your requests, and referral url.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address: Your “IP address” is a number that lets computers attached to the internet know where to send you data, such as screens and pages of our services that you view. We use this information to deliver our screens and pages to you upon request, to tailor our services to the interests of you and our other visitors, and to measure traffic to and within our services.
- Demographic Information: “Demographic Information” may be age, zip code, and interests. We may collect such information about you through our services and use it to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure that our services and the information on them is targeted to meet your needs. Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personally identifiable information.
- Location Information: In the future, when you use the Website or our Mobile App, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, global positioning systems, and other sensors that may provide SLOAN with informat0ion about nearby devices and WiFi access points.
- Usage Information: When you use the Website or our Mobile App, we may collect and process information about how you use the Website, including how you move through the Website.
- Feedback Information: From time to time, we may request that you provide us with feedback regarding the Website, as well as the products and services we offer. We may do this in the form of a survey or other feedback mechanism. We may collect and analyze this information.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, or on our Website or Mobile App. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons: Pages of our Website, Mobile App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit SLOAN, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
If you encounter a screen or page that requests information you do not want to share with us, do not enter the information and do not proceed with that screen or page.
How We Use Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information
If you provide us with personally identifiable information, we will only use it for the purposes described in this statement or as described where it was collected (including in a financial privacy statement). Primarily, we use it on our services to:
- Offer you the products and services you request;
- Help us create or offer content which is relevant to you;
- Allow you to access certain areas of our Website or Mobile App;
- Register you as a member and develop your profile to enable you to take advantage of the personalized features of the Website or Mobile App;
- Alert you to special offers, updated information, and other new services offered by us or by third parties;
- Forward promotional materials and to fulfill the terms of any promotion;
- To improve your user experience and the experience of other users of our Website;
- To understand how you use the Website or Mobile App;
- Identify you as a poster or provider of communications or content; or
- Contact you in response to an email or other communication.
Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may use non-personally identifiable information for any legal purpose, including, when and where applicable, combining non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information for the purpose of understanding how you use the Website or Mobile App and how we can improve the Website’s or Mobile App’s functionality.
We periodically prepare analyses and reports reflecting our visitor and member use of the Website, Mobile App, and services. In preparing these reports, we may combine and analyze the personal information you provide to us with information from other sources. However, these reports will only include aggregate information about visitors and members. The information in these reports will not identify you individually and any business partner with whom such reports may be shared will not be able to contact you based on the information contained in the reports.
Disclosures of Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information
We may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you but only to the extent necessary;
- To offer you products from our affiliates, strategic partners, agents, or from third-party marketers and from other unaffiliated parties that we believe may be of interest to you, or administrative, and/or business purposes;
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, or independent contractors who help us maintain our products and services for the purpose of such maintenance activities
- To comply with law, or if in good faith we believe that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law, or comply with legal process served on us, and to protect and defend our rights or property, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of you and our other visitors;
- To third parties as part of a corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets;
- To track and analyze non-identifying, aggregate usage and volume information from our visitors or members and provide such information to third parties;
- To protect against fraud or potential fraud.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose and share information about you and your use of the Website or Mobile App if we believe such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law and/or legal process where a formal request has been made;
- Protect or defend our rights and/or property and property of others;
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from SLOAN or its non-affiliated partners. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by SLOAN to promote our products or services by email, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to dev@SloanApp.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in the email to be omitted from future email distributions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You can also send us an email at dev@sloanApp.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete personal information except by also deleting your user account. You may not change or delete information in a way that would inhibit our rights under any services we may offer you. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Once we receive your information, we make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls or secure server software.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password to access our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share this password with anyone.
We use reasonable means to protect your personal information in line with industry standards and will update those means as deemed reasonable and recommended. At least because we employ industry standards to protect your personal information, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the State of California, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you have the right to request information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options from companies conducting business in California. Specifically:
Exercising the right to know. You may request, up to twice in a 12-month period, the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected the personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose.
- Exercising the right to delete. You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain limitations under applicable law.
- Exercising the right to opt-out from a sale. You may request to opt-out of any “sale” of your personal information that may take place.
- Non-discrimination. The CCPA provides that you may not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To submit a request to exercise any of the rights described above, you may contact Sloan App LLC either via email to or contact us via postal mail, proper postage prepaid, at:
Sloan App LLC, Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
16314 Hwy 86
Spirit Lake, IA 51360.
Please indicate your preference as to how you would like us to respond to your request (i.e., email or postal mail).
All requests sent via postal mail must be labeled “Your California Privacy Rights” on the envelope or postcard and clearly stated on the actual request. For all requests, please include your name, street address (if you would like a response via postal mail), city, state, and zip code. We may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address or contact information from which you send the request matches your email address or contact information that we have on file. Authentication based on a government-issued and valid identification document may be required. We will not accept requests via telephone or fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or do not have complete information.
Changes to this Policy